Indigo Hawkins Poems
- Benediction 'Let the love of harlots be sanctified.' ~unknown...
- Heap Of Random Images -There is no Why.- wet walnuts, mellow...
- Maybe I Miss You I think this as I step out of the downpour...
- Kinetics Of Self this month I began a new cycle of ...
- I Will Be A Story I. the day began as a mirage. dressed in ...
- I Am Afraid Of Churches I read the bible for the poetry and ...
- Still Life crisp pearl apples hemorrhage splashes of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Indigo Hawkins
'Let the love of harlots be sanctified.' ~unknown woman
When you come to me, realize I behest
no edifice. Love me in a gutter
or not at all. I merely want to rest
my temple on your temple - to utter
“Hosanna” in the shared throat of a split
alley; to awake spread beneath heavens,
frank before your eyes of melted wax, lit
with a tart torridity which leavens
my body as if I were dough submerged
in a puddle of consecrated wine.
I will pour holiness as honey, splurged
on rose hips and sopping clothes: our benign
impurities to dulcify and bless -