Jacob Atkinson Poems
- The Last Time I Saw Amelia Ear... I came forward to shake ...
- I Am At Peace I am not afraid of death, Nay, I relish the ...
- Skeleton Hands I feel cold hands down the nape of my neck, ...
- Trees They stand there, In their numbers, Silent ...
- One Last Time One last time I thought I should love ...
- I Cry A Steady Stream Of Tears I cry a steady stream of ...
- 'The Amazon' It's 6,500 kilometres long, hear the birds ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Jacob Atkinson
The Last Time I Saw Amelia Earhart
I came forward to shake hands,
to wish her all the best.
Looking up at the plane,
I realised she was right:
It was like the belly of a beast;
bestial and hulking.
Not a ‘crazy bitch' after all.
Her grip, firm like a man's;
a second, then the shake was over.
Her lips, parted sweetly in thanks:
the words, whispered
And then whipped away by the wind.
A confident smile;
a gleam in the eyes.
I watched her ascend into the cockpit,
fiddle with the controls.
The plane took off
with a growl.
The wind whipped fiercely
as I watched...