James Murdock Poems
- An American Epitaph (A Patriot... America, the ...
- The Tomato Plant I mostly love to tend to you When the ...
- Absent Reason escapes these wood framed windows Like the ...
- Clouds And Continents I’m having one of those days One of ...
- For The Leaves A sky of cast net mysteries Once fell upon ...
- Meditation 2
- A Simple Pen A simple pen drawn from its pack And laid upon...
James Murdock is a twenty-seven year old poet, freelance writer, and songwriter currently residing in North Lumpkin County near Dahlonega, Georgia. His recently developed passion for writing reflects an ardent love for the wisdom of American Transcendentalism, and Murdock is the co-founder of the Folk Transcendentalist Club, an open social organization revolving around local artistic advancement,... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
An American Epitaph (A Patriotic Poem)
America, the beautiful, God shed his grace on thee
To dissolve thyself in treachery
Like the sugars that seep through groaning organs, and
Rest with the night upon decaying molars of transparency
The Almighty descendeth to tell the truth of his plan, and
Delivered the absoluteness of change unto a...Baptist church
The theory we know as natural selection
Bless your heart, God, you poor spirit
Bless him who is confounded by his own creation
We forgive those whose crooked minds bend the farthest from truth
We, who wiped the savage's tears, and
Assured him that ...