Jan Nisar Akhtar
Jan Nisar Akhtar (Urdu: جان نثار اختر) was an important 20th century Indian poet of Urdu ghazals and nazms, and a part of the Progressive Writers' Movement, who was also a lyricist for Bollywood.
In his career spanning four decade during which he worked with distinguished music composers like C. Ramchandra, O.P. Nayyar, N Dutta and Khayyam writing about 151 songs, notable among them were songs from his breakthrough film AR Kardar’s Yasmin (1955), Aankhon hi Aankhon Mein in Guru Dutt's C.I.D. (1956), Yeh dil aur unki nigahon ke saaye in Prem Parbat (1974) and Aaja re in Noorie (1979) and his last unforgettable song Ae Dil-e-naadaan in Kamal Amrohi’s Razia Sultan ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Rahii hai daad talab unakii shokhiyaa.n ...
- Ashaar mere yuu.N to zamaane ke liye hai...
- Puuchh na mujhase dil ke fasaane
- Zaraa sii baat pe har rasm to.D aayaa th...
- Kaun kahataa hai tujhe mai.n ne bhulaa r...
- Har ek raah me.n ek Gam chhupaa lage hai...
- Zindagii tanhaa safar kii raat hai
- Ham se bhaagaa na karo duur Gazaalo.n ki...
- Fursat-e-kaar faqat chaar gha.Dii hai ya...
- Sub_h ke dard ko raato.n kii jalan ko bh...
- Tuu is qadar mujhe apne qareeb lagtaa ha...
- Jaaiye baiThiye hukmraanoN ke biich
- UjRii ujRii huii har aas lage
- Bhuule na kisii haal meN aadaab-e-nazar ...
Comments about Jan Nisar Akhtar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)