Jan Nisar Akhtar
Jan Nisar Akhtar (Urdu: جان نثار اختر) was an important 20th century Indian poet of Urdu ghazals and nazms, and a part of the Progressive Writers' Movement, who was also a lyricist for Bollywood.
In his career spanning four decade during which he worked with distinguished music composers like C. Ramchandra, O.P. Nayyar, N Dutta and Khayyam writing about 151 songs, notable among them were songs from his breakthrough film AR Kardar’s Yasmin (1955), Aankhon hi Aankhon Mein in Guru Dutt's C.I.D. (1956), Yeh dil aur unki nigahon ke saaye in Prem Parbat (1974) and Aaja re in Noorie (1979) and his last unforgettable song Ae Dil-e-naadaan in Kamal Amrohi’s Razia Sultan ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Har ek raah me.n ek Gam chhupaa lage hai...
- Zindagii tanhaa safar kii raat hai
- Kaun kahataa hai tujhe mai.n ne bhulaa r...
- Puuchh na mujhase dil ke fasaane
- Mauj-e-gul, mauj-e-sabaa, mauj-e-sahar l...
- Jab lage zaKhm to qaatil ko duaa dii jaa...
- Ham se bhaagaa na karo duur Gazaalo.n ki...
- Fursat-e-kaar faqat chaar gha.Dii hai ya...
- Ashaar mere yuu.N to zamaane ke liye hai...
- Tuu is qadar mujhe apne qareeb lagtaa ha...
- Zindagii ye to nahiiN tujhko saNvaaraa h...
- Lamhaa lamhaa terii yaadeN jo chamak uTh...
- UjRii ujRii huii har aas lage
- Bhuule na kisii haal meN aadaab-e-nazar ...
Comments about Jan Nisar Akhtar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)