Jeffrey Tillery Poems
- You've Been Lied To He's not going to carpet-bomb the ...
- Says He Was In Falluja Dear God if you can hear me please ...
- The Fresh New England Lobster (With appreciation to Elizabeth...
- What I'd Say (2016) I'm confused How can I simultaneously ...
- A Beautiful Pole My, how she grows My, how becoming While ...
What I'd Say (2016)
How can I simultaneously be asked to
Clean your houses
Plant and harvest your food
Prepare your meals
Mow your lawns
Repair your cars
Build your homes
Sew your cloths
Shop at your local merchants
Buy your televisions, toasters and happy meals
And care for your children for God's sake
And be called
Rapist, criminal, drug dealer, taker?
On second thought, maybe you are confused.
If you want my job, apply for it.
There are openings.
See if you can do it.
You have grown too 'sophisticated' to do what I ...