Jessica Lockhart Poems
- I Love You (But Not In The Che...
- Fill The Void Fill the void, Fill the void with songs, ...
- Too Afraid To Fly One morning I awoke And I found I had ...
- Consequences You told me one drink wouldn't hurt, and now I...
- This House Now Silent This house is much more quiet Now that...
- Advice To Your Child Advice to who? Advice for you! Heed ...
- Beauty In The Eye Of The Behol... You tell me I am ...
Just a small town girl who loves to write poetry. I hope you enjoy. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Love You (But Not In The Cheesy Love Poem Kind Of Way)
I love you
(But not in the cheesy love poem kind of way)
If you were to get down on one knee
I would say yes
Because I know we could work
United in holy matrimony
It may seem a bit odd
Describing it like this
But I know what I mean
And so does God
I love you
(Just not in the romantic sort of way)
But I still do
This is a deeper love than lust
There is no constant burning
There is no repeated reminder
Just that it is there in us
I wish I could say these things