John Courtney Poems
- Two Dollar Bills when I was a boy it took two pieces of ...
- The Boulevard And The Lion traded eyes last night for the ...
- Dianna For you? glass bottoms on my words so you can see...
- Brunette When the wild-beating heart wakes me and I gasp for...
- Searobin Cleaning 101 some were built like ships, resilient...
- What Do Beets Taste Like? She's going to work on keeping the ...
- Strawberry Mansion I was born to dark birds hungry around ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Courtney
Two Dollar Bills
when I was a boy
it took two pieces of wood
and a leftover nail
to fly an airplane
and how I flew that sonofabitch!
up and down my street in famous aviation
seeking the revenge of knowledge
lifting off from a pothole of instant courage
crop-dusting the forbidden azaleas
undetected through the bumblebees
spinning cuteness under skirts
the big bomb delivered
on the head of the dragon
barking dog biscuit fire
yesterday I saw a man
on his way to Boston
from the middle of Pennsylvania
his skin was pink surgery
and his limp was fake and ...