John Hegley Poems
- Love Poem By My Dog
- A Comparison Between Logs And ...
- Love Cuts Love cuts love juts out and you walk right into ...
- Easter Eggley The donkey ride the road of palms the garden ...
- Smelly One playtime, staying out of the rain, His heart ...
- Very Bad Dog I took Rover over to the park the other day I ...
- Uncle And Auntie my auntie gives me a colouring book and ...
John Hegley is an English performance poet, comedian, musician and songwriter.
He was born in the Newington Green area of Islington, London, England, into a Roman Catholic household. He was brought up in Luton and Bristol. After school he worked as a bus conductor and civil servant before attending the University of Bradford, where he gained a B.Sc. in European Literature and the History of Ideas and Sociology. Hegley has French ancestry (his father's name was René) and claims he is descended from the composer Jean-Philippe Rameau. His paternal grandmother was a dancer with the Folies Bergère.
Hegley began his performing career at... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Hegley
Love Poem By My Dog
I saw you in the park
I wanted to be your friend
I tunnelled my snout
up your non-barking end