John Logan (1748-1788 / Scotland)
John Logan (1748–1788) was a minister in Leith, Scotland. He was born at Soutra, Midlothian, to farmer George Logan. He was presented the charge of South Leith in 1771, and was ordained in 1773.
He published poems by Michael Bruce after Bruce's death. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A Tale
- Heavenly Wisdom
- Hymn IX. Where high the heavenly temple ...
- Hymn V. Behold! the mountain of the Lord
- Hymn VI. Behold! th' Ambassador Divine
- Hymn VII. Messiah! at thy glad approach
- Hymn VIII. When Jesus, by the Virgin bro...
- Monimia. An Ode
- Ode - On the Death of a Young Lady
- Ode to a Man of Letters
- Ode To a Young Lady
- Ode to Sleep
- Ode To The Cuckoo
- Ode to Women
Comments about John Logan
The best paperback
books of 2013
Heart of Darkness and Other Great Works by Joseph Conrad
See the Original Magazine Publication
Samuel R. Delany Has Been Named Grand Master
For 2013 By The Science Fiction And Fantasy Writers Of America
The Best Poetry Books