John Rickell Poems
- Mountain Stream The mountain stream bubbling towards the ...
- Joan I danced her rhythms, long black hair restless feet ...
- Mozart Symphony 39 Mozart, I antiscipate or think I can. You...
- The Cuckoo Remote and lonely baritone the first in May, ...
- Butterfly Trapped In A Norfolk... Where were you ...
- Opium Poppy (Edited January 20... There is a poppy in the ...
- Simple Song Come sweet be my mistress let me be your lover ...
I am a countryman by nature.With my retriever I am in the country most days. Living in a small market town in Shropshire UK
I have been writing free verse since 1970 I am a singer of plainsong and Gregorian chant, which has significantly influenced my poetry.
I have published a book of poems'A stirring in the Air'with photographs by Tom Scot, a grandson, it is being sold on Ebay by... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about John Rickell
The mountain stream
bubbling towards the sea,
silver in the evening light
crossing hills and far away.
I lay, my head close to the
dancing water its message clear,
all round chaos that is nature,
above, clouds drift white and soft,
towards the sea black clouds loom,
deer nervous as they graze.
Swans take flight across the lake,
wakes of dripping water from their feet
Otters on the shore and nature sleeps.
I cross the stream stoop to drink
hands cupped... intoxicated.
No thoughts no plans for tomorrow,
chaotic, a child-hood ...