Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle Poems
- Deeds Of The Just He tries not to meditate evils Nor with ...
- Father Africa Father Africa! At a token ignorance, You have...
- At The Worship Of Poetry Thou, who hath the spirit of poetry;...
- Mortal Me (What The Body Says ...
- Ode To Our Rulers Like these innocent children, We gathered...
- Euphony Of Myself The eulogy of my spirit Which is the ...
- He Made Them Twain The earth and the sky He made them ...
Ibikunle Joseph Oladehinde was born in Alagbado, Lagos State. His parents are from Yewa South (Ilaro) Ogun State. He grew up in Lagos State and studied at the then Solatun Nur/pry School. He proceeded at Ijaiye Ojokoro High School and in 2005, he quitted public school to join Lord ’ s College where he graduated as an O level student in 2006. In 2010, he was admitted to The College of Education, Foreign Links Campus, Moro, Osun, where he had NCE in English language and Political Science. He currently works as ESL tutor in Osun State, Nigeria. He started writing in 2005 beginning with some amateur poems and then to translating songs in Yoruba language to rhyming English. Joseph is believed... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''Even death, terror and sorrow, I assume, are all glaring signs of our ephemerality'''Oladehinde Ibikunle. Culled from Song of a Bard
''Do not be decieved, you are not worthless for having empty pocket; a worthless person is him who has empty head''Oladehinde Ibikunle,2012
Deeds Of The Just
He tries not to meditate evils
Nor with his hands sordidly paddles
He who knows he is ephemeral
He disports not himself at funeral.
He rules not with brutality
He leads with all loyalty
He who knows the tomb is a home
He delectates not under this dome.
He foments not a discord
Nor doth a perfidy afford
He who knows this temporal residence
He delights not in his malevolence.
He rests not upon the world
He dares not act so unjust
He who knows he is of dust
He rests not upon this world.