Kaifi Azmi (Hindi: कैफ़ी आज़मी; Urdu: کیفی اعظمی) was an Indian Urdu poet. He is considered to be one of the greatest Urdu poets of 20th century. Together with Pirzada Qasim, Jon Eliya and many others he participated in many memorable mushairas of 20th century.
Kaifi Azmi was born in a village Mizwaa(n) in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kaifi Azmi is married to Shaukhat Azmi. They have a daughter, Shabana Azmi (An Indian Actress of film, television and theatre) and Baba Azmi (Indian Cinematographer).
At age eleven, Azmi wrote his first ghazal Itna To Zindagi Mein ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Bas ik jhijhak hai yahii haal-e-dil suna...
- Pahalaa salaam
- Mere dil me.n tuu hii tuu hai dil kii da...
- Ek duaa
- Patthar ke Khudaa vahaa.N bhii paaye
- Mai.n Dhuu.NDhataa huu.N jise vo jahaa.N...
- Aavaaraa sajde
- Sunaa karo merii jaa.N in se un se afasa...
- Itanaa to zindagiii me.n kisii kii Khala...
Comments about Kaifi Azmi
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)