Kaifi Azmi (19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002 / Azamgarh / British India)
Kaifi Azmi (Hindi: कैफ़ी आज़मी; Urdu: کیفی اعظمی) was an Indian Urdu poet. He is considered to be one of the greatest Urdu poets of 20th century. Together with Pirzada Qasim, Jon Eliya and many others he participated in many memorable mushairas of 20th century.
Kaifi Azmi was born in a village Mizwaa(n) in Azamgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Kaifi Azmi is married to Shaukhat Azmi. They have a daughter, Shabana Azmi (An Indian Actress of film, television and theatre) and Baba Azmi (Indian Cinematographer).
At age eleven, Azmi wrote his first ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Aavaaraa sajde
- Ab tum aaGosh-e-tasavvur me.n bhii aayaa...
- Azaa me.n bahate the aa.Nsuu yahaa.N, la...
- Bas ik jhijhak hai yahii haal-e-dil suna...
- Ek duaa
- Itanaa to zindagiii me.n kisii kii Khala...
- Jhukii jhukii sii nazar beqaraar hai ki ...
- Koii ye kaise bataa ye ke vo tanhaa kyo....
- Mai.n Dhuu.NDhataa huu.N jise vo jahaa.N...