Ken Bolton Poems
- (pinkham) I wonder how Gregory does this ...
- Good Friday At The Eaf ...
- Some Thinking Does all art aspire to the condition of music?...
- Poem ('The Ice In My Glass') ...
- Hindley Street Today, With A V...
- Horizon 'Beyond the sunrise where the black begins' - & the...
- Tiepolo In the 14, 15th & 16th centuries it was all ...
Ken Bolton (born 1949) is an Australian poet and art critic.
Bolton was born in Sydney and studied fine arts at the University of Sydney, where he also tutored. In the late 70s he edited the poetry magazine Magic Sam and began the small press Sea Cruise Books with Anna Couani. His first book of poems, Four Poems, was published in 1977. In 1982 he moved to Adelaide to work at the Experimental Art Foundation.
He has since edited the literary magazine Otis Rush and collaborated with poet John Jenkins on a number of books of poetry. His Selected Poems was published by Penguin in 1992 and he edited Brandl & Schlesinger's Homage to John Forbes. His criticism has appeared in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ken Bolton
For Gregory O'Brien
I wonder how
Gregory does this
these three line
stanzas & whether I
can do them —
to any good effect.
I make coffee, check
various things around
the kitchen — find
the new clock
I got Gabe for his
birthday, note the
milk is almost
gone, bring the tea back