Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A Ballad
- A Character
- A Hymn to the Moon
- A Man in Love
- A Summary of Lord Lyttleton's Advice to ...
- Addressed to ------, 1736
- An Answer to a Lady, Who Advised Lady Mo...
- An Answer to a Love-Letter, in Verse
- An Elegy on Mrs. Thompson
- An Epistle from Pope to Lord Bolingbroke
- An Epistle to the Earl of Burlington
- Answered, for Lord William Hamilton
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Life is too short for a long story.''Lady Mary Wortley Montagu (1689-1762), British society figure, letter writer. Letter, July 19, 1759. Selected Letters, ed. Robert Halsband (1970).
Comments about Lady Mary Wortley Montagu
HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
observed annually on May 18
International Museum Day
memory + creativity = social change
Happy Birthday Omar Khayyam!
(1048-1131) Persian mathematician, poet, and philosopher
Happy Birthday Friedrich Rückert!
(1788-1866) German poet, translator, and professor of Oriental languages.