Lawrence Beck Poems
- Void It's barely there, amid the noise of traffic, People ...
- On The 12: 30 From Denver To O... He beams. He seems a ...
- A Perfectly Ridiculous Poem When all else fails...that's ...
- Your Gift Your man, as you well know, is short Of patience, ...
- When The Storm Arrives It's time to turn, to cover up. The ...
- It's There In Black And White I try to read the business ...
- Thirty Seconds The hours pass like prisoners in shackles, ...
My advice to anyone reading one of my poems: read it so quickly as you can the first time through. Since I write in a rush, my melody will become most evident if you read in a rush.
I have a web site, www.lawrencebeck.net, which contains more of my recent poems than the 50 I leave up here. I refresh this site every other month.
Alas, I must add this: if you write to me ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It's barely there, amid the noise of traffic,
People talking, music, television's drone:
A tiny mass of silence, yours, a thing
Which, hidden, slowly grows. I feel as
If it threatens me. I felt so well when
I could hear you, told myself that your
Words, always tentative, I must admit,
Suggested what I wished you'd say.
They didn't, and my own, so clumsy,
Seem now to have ended them. The
Noise persists, but, deep within it,
One stilled voice has fed the silence
Ringing in my ears.