Lizzie Lumsden Poems
- Deliverance From Self Through you I lose myself That, which ...
- Hearts Brave hearts dare to die their truth Young ...
- All That Glitters The first echo of you was the hard split ...
- Speckled Egg Truth. The speckled egg No separating its ...
- Pity Those Pity those with tainted hearts who only seek the ...
- Winter At 'The Whistler' We all huddled around and lit a ...
- Thorns Of Surrender As I humbly kneel, yielding before the ...
Influenced by the humanistic and existentialist psychology movements.
Work focuses mainly on the human predicament and the nature of 'the self'.
With no particular religious allegiance my faith lies in humanity's capacity to love, forgive and heal. The intention and striving for that shows man's potential for greatness and gives rise to hope for us all. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Lizzie Lumsden
Deliverance From Self
Through you I lose myself
That, which is everything and nothing
All at the same time
Through you I find myself
The unfathomable celestial void
That weaves the infinitely mysterious silk
From here to there
That same blurring complexity
From which I now know
My own tapestry is made
It is with your eyes
That I mournfully observe
My tender inconsequence
Yet still see that these steps
Will tread heavy footprints
On our precious lands
It is with your bare hands
That I dig for the forgotten pieces
Of lost ancient ...