Lorna Gero Poems
- To That Black Man We love you even though sometimes you ...
- Silently Crying His heartaches his soul whimpers the look ...
- The Writing On The Paper It was not a message left from ...
- Lost Lost in the wilderness on a dark night. You try to ...
- A Moment Like This A moment like this has been deemed a ...
- Place In This World Our hearts sadden as we read about the ...
- We Are The Same I present to you a woman who wishes she were...
At the age of nine I experienced something that no child should ever endure. It was at that time I discovered my gift for writing.
I am the only girl in my family with five brothers. My father died when I was thirteen years old and my mother has been my rock. She has inspired many of my writings.
I am the mother of a beautiful little girl who has also inspired my new outlook on ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
To That Black Man
We love you even though sometimes
you don’t deserve it.
We are your friends, your sisters, your girlfriends,
You lack what we as black women need
the most, respect.
We are struggling ourselves everyday
as we try to overcome the abuse
we have suffered, the love we have lost
and the “thank you’s” we have seldom heard.
You, black male should be our shelters
from the storms of discrimination, our
shields in the battle of abuse and not the
water in the wells in which we feel
we are drowning.