Margaret Cavendish (1623-1673 / England)
Margaret Cavendish, Duchess of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (1623 – 15 December 1673) was an English aristocrat and a prolific writer. Born Margaret Lucas, she was the youngest sister of prominent royalists Sir John Lucas and Sir Charles Lucas. She became an attendant of Queen Henrietta Maria and travelled with her into exile in France, living for a time at the court of the young King Louis XIV. She became... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- A warr with Atomes.
- A World made by Atomes
- A World made by foure Atomes.
- All sharpe Atomes do run to the Center, ...
- All things are govern'd by Atomes.
- All things last, or dissolve, according ...
- Atomes and Motion fall out.
- If Infinite Worlds, Infinite Centers.
- In all other Diseases they are mixed, ta...
- In the Center Atomes never Separate.
- Motion and Figure
- Motion directs, while Atomes dance.
- Motion is the Life of all things.