Mark Butkus Poems
- The Monster Under The Bed On the night that bin Laden ...
- La Aurora La Aurora de Nueva York tiene cuatro columnas de ...
- Charlotte's Shells Was looking for some change To do the ...
- For A Mother A mother is more than a night in a delivery ...
- Yours: A New York Poem I spent the afternoon exploring As ...
- Labor Day The rains that played havoc with your plans were ...
- Sunset Amy As Sunset Amy dips into the sea She rises in my ...
Mark Butkus wrote about the environment for more than 20 years. In Mexico, he exercises the left side of his brain. As one of the founders of the Bar None Group he has edited two anthologies of English writing from the Costalegre region of Mexico. Caught between two worlds he now calls Chicago home.
Poems listed at Poemhunter first appeared on the Bar None Group website at: www.barnonegroup.com with the following exceptions: 'Absinthe Makes the Heart Grow Fonder' first appeared online at Stories Space and; 'For A Mother' appeared on the now dormant Basil and Spice.
The Bar None Group welcomes submissions from writers novice and established. Visit the website for details... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Comments about Mark Butkus
The Monster Under The Bed
On the night that bin Laden died
with a bullet in his head
A beeping phone awoke me
from a restless night's sleep
there were two messages
The night was still young
I thought about celebrating
but I smiled and went back to sleep
'A small, cool
gathering my house now'
A shout of joy
from down below
ended my restless night
Jay was awake and had seen the news
A new day was about to unfold
Two hours later
Jay was doing laundry
and I was confirming
my flight back home
An hour after that
and Jay was out for eats
and I ...