Mark Lawmon Poems
- Gentle Giant Mistress What charm With which the gentle ...
- The Lionheart Is Born The world is slowly turning, And the ...
- That Sweet Home We are whole In that sweet home. That ...
- Dutch Cowardice There's only so much here But so much to ...
- Two Hearts Beating Two hearts beating As one heart ...
- Shit Just Seems To Work Hallowed hills and sacred lies Are ...
- The World Unwinding Can you feel the world unwinding? He ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Mark Lawmon
Gentle Giant Mistress
With which the gentle giant
Doth flit away
The worries of a lonely man.
Oh how she soothes all souls
That squander in despair.
She spreads brevity
Though alas without longevity
Yet with unfailing repeatability.
All the heart
Is for a time lifted and made glad.
But in her kindness
Is revealed wickedness.
The levity is but temptation,
Refused only in folly,
A cruel glimpse of gratification.
The lonely man,
For a short, happy while,
Feels himself not alone,
But embraced by a ...