Meeraji (Urdu: میراجی ) (May 25, 1912 – November 4, 1949) was an eminent Urdu poet. He lived the life of a bohemian and worked only intermittently.
Born into a Kashmiri family of Gujranwala and named Mohammed Sanaullah Dar, he passed his childhood days in Kucha Sardar Shah, Mozang, Lahore. His father Munshi Mohammad Mahtabuddin was a railway engineer, so his family had to move from one place to another. He lived in Kathiawar, Bostan (Baluchistan), Sanghar and Jacobabad.
Meeraji began composing poetry, under the pseudonym of Sasri, when he was at school. It was from his later encounter with a Bengali girl, Meera Sen, who was a daughter of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Nagri Nagri Phira Musafir ghar Ka Rasta ...
- Deeda_e ashk baar hay apna
- Tera mera rishya kesa
- Nur Main Duwa Hua Hai Kalb Ka Maikhaanah...
- Jewan Jewti Jaag Rahi Hay Chor Bahaney, ...
- Dhab Dekhey Tu Hum Nay Jana Dill Main Dh...
- Unjaney Nagar Mun Maney They
- Hanso Tu Hansey Gi Duniya, Beth Akeley R...
- Lab Per Hay Faryaad K Saaqi Ye Kaisa Meh...
- Chand Sitarey Qaid Hain Saarey Waqt Ki B...
- Zindagi ik aziyat hay mujhey
- Gunahoo.n sey nashonuma pa gaya dill
Comments about Meeraji
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)