Meeraji (Urdu: میراجی ) (May 25, 1912 – November 4, 1949) was an eminent Urdu poet. He lived the life of a bohemian and worked only intermittently.
Born into a Kashmiri family of Gujranwala and named Mohammed Sanaullah Dar, he passed his childhood days in Kucha Sardar Shah, Mozang, Lahore. His father Munshi Mohammad Mahtabuddin was a railway engineer, so his family had to move from one place to another. He lived in Kathiawar, Bostan (Baluchistan), Sanghar and Jacobabad.
Meeraji began composing poetry, under the pseudonym of Sasri, when he was at school. It was from his later encounter with a Bengali girl, Meera Sen, who was a daughter of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Hanso Tu Hansey Gi Duniya, Beth Akeley R...
- Nagri Nagri Phira Musafir ghar Ka Rasta ...
- Chand Sitarey Qaid Hain Saarey Waqt Ki B...
- Nur Main Duwa Hua Hai Kalb Ka Maikhaanah...
- Jewan Jewti Jaag Rahi Hay Chor Bahaney, ...
- Dhab Dekhey Tu Hum Nay Jana Dill Main Dh...
- Unjaney Nagar Mun Maney They
- Lab Per Hay Faryaad K Saaqi Ye Kaisa Meh...
- Zindagi ik aziyat hay mujhey
- Gunahoo.n sey nashonuma pa gaya dill
- Deeda_e ashk baar hay apna
- Tera mera rishya kesa
Comments about Meeraji
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)