michael walker Poems
- Loneliness ('I am never less lonely than when I am ...
- Tobacco Picking. It was my first experience of hard labour, ...
- The Sonnet I came across the sonnet at high school: the ...
- A Soccer Report.
- Feu Et Glace. Quelques-uns disent que le monde finira en ...
- Hair And Image. Hairstyles are something I notice each day, ...
- Moi, Je Suis Ton Homme. Si tu veux un amant Je ferai ...
I was born in New Plymouth, New Zealand.I went through the education system, all high school classes, and graduated from the Uiversity of Auckland with a BA and an MA degree. I taught English and French in a few NZ high schools from 1969 till 2006. I then had some experience teaching English to adults in a Language School. I am still doing part-time teaching at Avondale College. I travelled to England and Europe in the 1970s, and had a few poems published by Literary Arts Press, Los Angeles on my return. I only started writing poems again in 2012 after doing a computer course at New Lynn library. I
have lived for twenty-two years in West Auckland.I like reading poetry anthologies and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about michael walker
('I am never less lonely than when I am alone.`Oscar Wilde.
Yes, I have been alone most of my life,
having started to live alone in my forties.
I had to learn all the housework skills,
of which cooking took a while to get right.
Yes, I have lived mostly in large cities,
where there may be more loneliness than small towns.
On most days, I see anonymous strangers,
who can, nevertheless, surprise me with a greeting.
I have done a lot of long-distance running lately,
although I miss the harriers and athletics club.
I find solitary walks promote...