Michael Wride Poems
- Velvet Paradise There we played Behind the rose bushes At ...
- The Canteen At the old canteen at Signal Hill Sitting on the...
- Stradbally Mountain Through thin clouds The star light ...
- Science, Nature, Love Science currently attempts to be ...
- The Hollow Man The hollow man slept On a table In a room ...
- I Sit In Solitude I sit in solitude on the beach, In the ...
- What Dreams Are These? Walking alone on the moors With the ...
I grew up in a very mystical part of the UK - the South West of England in Somerset not far from Glastonbury (the Tor and the ruined Abbey being important spiritual sites) ...this is also near Stonehenge and Wiltshire (the site of many crop-circles) . The area is steeped in the legends of King Arthur and the Saxon King Alfred The Great. The land is low-lying marshland and often flooded and covered... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Michael Wride
There we played
Behind the rose bushes
At the beginning of time
Living a dream
All day long flickering our eyes
To a world that wasn't there
To a world that didn't care
About adults and cruelty
An innocent place
Where we could live out our dreams
Live a dream
There we knew the trees would never be bare
We could crawl along roads
Unmetaled by the drawbacks of worry
And hide behind walls
In the velvet paradise
Within our minds