Munir Niazi (19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006 / Khanpur, Punjab / British India)
Munir Ahmad, better known as Munir Niazi, (Urdu: منیر نیازی ) was an Urdu and Punjabi poet from Pakistan.
Early Life and Education
Niazi was born in Khanpur on 19 April 1928, a village near Hoshiarpur, India. He was from the Niazi tribe. He was initially educated at Khanpur and after the partition of India he migrated to newly independent Pakistan and settled in Sahiwal, where he passed his matriculation. He earned an intermediate degree from S.E. College, Bahawalpur and a B.A. from Diyal Singh College in Lahore, Pakistan.
Munir Niazi launched a weekly, seven coulors, from Sahiwal in 1949. He wrote numerous songs for films ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Aa gayii yaad sham Dhalte hii
- Aik puraanii baat
- Bechainh Baut Phirna Ghabaraye Hue Rahna
- Chaman Main Rang E Bahar Utra To Main Ne...
- Dar K Kisi Se Chup Jata Hai Jaise Sanp K...
- Dil Jal Raha Tha Gham Se Magar Nagmagar ...
- Gam Ka Wo Zor Ab Mere Andar Nahin Raha
- Gam Ki Barish Ne Bhi Tere Naqsh Ko Dhoya...
- HaiN aabaad laakhoN jahaaN mere dil meN
- Hamesha Der Kar Deta Hun Main
- Havaa-e-shauq ke rangiiN dayaar jalne la...
- In the Beginning of Winter Again