Muzaffar Warsi (20 December 1933 - 28 January 2011 / Meerath / India)
Muzaffar Warsi (Urdu: مظفروارثی) was a prominent Urdu poet, critic, essayist, a lyricist par excellence, and scholar of Pakistan. He was one whose work never fails to surprise. A humble man with humble beginnings who is unafraid of experimenting. He began more than five decades ago comprises a rich repertoire of not just Naats, but also authoring several anthologies of Ghazals, Nazms & hycoes including his autobiography Gaye dinon ka suraagh which is considered to be a classic. He was writing quatrains every day for Pakistan's Renowned daily newspaper Nawa-i-Waqt.
Muzaffar Warsi was born on 20 December 1933 in Meerath, India, as Muhammad ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- Aadmi Chonk Chuka hai magar utha tou nah...
- AAg se sairab dasht-e-Zindgani ho gaya
- Ab ke bar barsaat
- Gham-e-dauraan ne bhii siikh
- Haath aaNkhoN pe rakh lene se Khatraa na...
- Jee behelta he nahi saans ki jhankaro'n ...
- Kyaa bhalaa mujhako
- Lab-e-Khaamosh se Izhaar-e-tamannaa Chaa...
- Maanaa ke Musht-e-Khaak
- Meri Tasveer MeiN Rang aur Kisi ka to Na...
- Meri Zindagi Kisi Aur Ki
- Merii judaaiiyoN se vo milkar nahiiN gay...
- Shola Hun Bharakne Ki Guzarish Nahi Kart...
- Teri jhalak nigha k her zawiye main hay
Comments about Muzaffar Warsi
World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
celebrated on May 21st every year
Your Favorite Poets’ Favorite Books of Poetry
Daily Rituals of Famous Authors
Writers seem to be the most prone to unshakeable routines and elaborate superstitions.
Incredible Reading Rooms Around the World
Cozy, beautiful places to curl up with a good book...