Nathan J. Bogart
Nathan J. Bogart Poems
- Movement And Wind Eating spit burgers for five dollars a ...
- The Paint Bleeds Through I played an out-of-tune guitar (I ...
- Bullfrogs Burn There was a Mexican boy who had trapped a ...
- If It's Good, Cancel It I read the morning news Then turned ...
- I'M Innocent, Red I saw an old man sitting on a park ...
- The American Nightmare I saw a protester holding a sign on ...
- The Spouse Through his aging, once jet-black beard Came the ...
Comments about Nathan J. Bogart
Movement And Wind
Eating spit burgers for five dollars a pop
Watching the town fall apart,
I reluctantly listen to the annoyance streaming
From my front room
My dad sits glued to the mid-day's press
So, I stay away and let the bullshit of the day
Play routes through his brain
As I sit and think about nothing
About life, about death
My mom sits in the kitchen with a beer
Waiting for the birds to come and feed
She complains of waiting
And when they arrive
She turns to find another beer
My brothers are moved out
All except ...