Neil Burns Poems
- Blackbird Flying Over Belfast ... I A black dart ...
- Battlefield ‘Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the ...
- Seven Days Of The River Lagan Monday: soapy, hot – the end of...
- Torque See the liquid golden fury arrow throughout the ...
- Hakiu the frost sprayed grass a white sea, cold with open ...
- Soak New Moon, New Moon blue as the December bride; blue ...
- The Forcing Sheds West Yorkshire, Wakefield - the 'Rhubarb ...
I have been published in The Rialto magazine and The North. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Neil Burns
Blackbird Flying Over Belfast Lough
A black dart fleeting,
the yellow bill truth of it.
The hue call, the rip-curl.
Over Belfast Lough, sung
freely. Free from persecution.
Journeying from white-spray
flying toward this foetal island.
In the thicket of shore branch
canvassing the cloth-work
ground, for a grub – Blackbird.