Nichita Stanescu Poems
- Burned Forest Black snow was falling. The tree line shone ...
- Sentimental Story Then we met more often. I stood at one ...
- Of Love She remains bored and very beautiful her black hair ...
- Sad Love Song Only my life will die for me, in truth, ...
- A Poem
- Winter Song You are so beautiful in winter! The field ...
- Poetry Poetry is the weeping eye it is the weeping ...
Nichita Stanescu was a Romanian poet and essayist. He is the most acclaimed contemporary Romanian language poet, leaving behind some of the most important poetry in post-war Romanian literature. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Black snow was falling. The tree line
shone when I turned to see -
I had wondered long and silent,
alone, trailing memory behind me.
And it seemed the stars, fixed as they were,
ground their teeth, a stiffened nexus,
an infernal machine, tolling
the halted hours of conciousness.
Then, a thick silence descends,
and my every gesture
leaves a comet tail in the heavens.
And I hear evey glance I cast
as it echoes against
Child, what were you seeking there,
with your gangly arms and pointed shoulders
on which the ...