Ofentse Mercy Hajane
Ofentse Mercy Hajane Poems
- Regret (English-Sotho Poem) Frozen in the depth of death. A ...
- I Am An African Child I am an African child. How do I...
- Depth Of My Love Rivers of my love runs deeep in our ...
- Black & Untitled Unto the midst of hell. I remained chained ...
- Non Omnis Moriar Black my blood is White my bones ...
- Death: Lady Death Down the dark domain Sat Death in solitude...
- A Letter To My Ancestors Looking sharply at the setting ...
Ofentse Mercy Hajane was reared in Munsieville; a little township located west of Mogalecity formerly known as Krugersdorp, just few kilometers off the outskirts of Johannesburg (Jozi) in 1992 the 23rd of April; under the sign of the mighty brave bull. He is currently residing in his birth place (his Afo-rui-ka) . Indeed a bull never leaves its kraal unless there’s a greener pasture out there. In 2010 he succeeded in finishing his 12th grade in Thuto-Lefa Secondary School. Like all restless post-matriculates he ventured into the world of work, where he got into a community project (CWP) . A year after he enrolled in a college (Westcol College) in pursue of a dream. Besides dreams do not ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ofentse Mercy Hajane
Regret (English-Sotho Poem)
Frozen in the depth of death.
A week before ke ne solla bophelo jwa me.
I never realized how much I never knew.
Empa pelo ya ka,
ha e keke ya bo e rutla hape ka tshenolo ya thuto.
Lefatshe ka bophara le ka fetoha,
La na seo pelo ya ka e se lakatsang.
But nevertheless it was my time of despair!
Hovering over the darkness seemingly irresistibly sweet.
Hao selo se mpe seo ke tla se bonang,
Ka bofifi ba qetelelo ya motho.
How the light seem pale.
Madulo a le hodimo,
Ha a kao ke jweditswe.
Empa it seems heaven enough to let the angels