Padma Prasad Devkota
Padma Prasad Devkota Poems
- The Rose Bush The bush is known by the rose: the rose that ...
- We Are Fine In Kathmandu we filter our water before we drink ...
- The Crow -new- Free is the sky and free the heart that pounds ...
- Dr. Faustus When I was idealistic and young, I was Dr. ...
- The Eternal Spark Do old hearts die like embers gold to ...
- What Dies In Spring A seed on fallow ground, a fresh ...
- Swimming The Unknown Depths Swimming has a beginning and an ...
The biography of sensibility should be self-evident in the poems. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Padma Prasad Devkota
The Rose Bush
The bush is known by the rose:
the rose that dances upon a thorny stem
with its colorful emotions
and its fragrant love
cheering up the bush
during its short stay.
And when it is gone, the bush recalls
the power of beauty
and stimulated by mere memory
attempts to recreate the rose
in multiple pose
upon the thorny stems.
Thorns are no barriers to birth
of sentient life on earth.