Padma Prasad Devkota
Padma Prasad Devkota Poems
- Dr. Faustus When I was idealistic and young, I was Dr. ...
- The Eternal Spark Do old hearts die like embers gold to ...
- What Dies In Spring A seed on fallow ground, a fresh ...
- Swimming The Unknown Depths Swimming has a beginning and an ...
- The Great Goddess Human laws are ever changing as the human ...
- A Sunrise With a streak of fire the sun wrote on the water ...
- Transformation The curse of night over like a rock that ...
The biography of sensibility should be self-evident in the poems. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Padma Prasad Devkota
When I was idealistic and young,
I was Dr. Faustus:
ready to love any beauty for while,
willing to risk heaven for the mysteries of the world,
determined to rule it rough,
saying, 'All this is mine! '
No bespectacled gaze could fathom my heart
that welled up with truth and certainty;
no power ruled that could ever curb
my natural spontaneity.
I walked like a lord who could change the world
with a snap of the finger of my will.
Although truth has eluded my grasp ever since,
certainty is a legend I still love;
Dr. Faustus too is alive and...