Padma Prasad Devkota
Padma Prasad Devkota Poems
- The Eternal Spark Do old hearts die like embers gold to ...
- Voices Leaves, grass, sunlight, promises billow and ...
- Swimming The Unknown Depths Swimming has a beginning and an ...
- Insomnia I wished her good night and my wish came true. She ...
- Dawn Opening the eyes I succumb to the rosy flush of her ...
- The Great Goddess Human laws are ever changing as the human ...
- A Sunrise With a streak of fire the sun wrote on the water ...
The biography of sensibility should be self-evident in the poems. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Padma Prasad Devkota
With a streak of fire the sun wrote on
the water a name that is eternal,
the water guarded jealously a tone of colour
and song that mingled with the waves,
the waves danced gaily while shadows
trembled and sparks spangled
emitting light that was fire in the
drunken eyes of the morning birds
that chanted hymns of praise and love
in pre-Aryan lyric strains
and I gazed at all that is beautiful
in the sky, the hills and the plains.