patricia Northall Poems
- Permission To Mourn All you asked of me was to be able to ...
- Middle Class Housewife This then is your life A fully ...
- The General I approached you warily, They said you were a ...
- Learning About Love Loving you has not been easy, There ...
- Free Love? Things may not be the same as they were, And may...
- Understandingi Is it me you leave each morning With face so ...
- The Kiss your lifespan is very short, But your lifestyle is...
I am 71, I now live in Tarleton, West Lancashire, England. Widowed, I live alone, and have always enjoyed writing poetry, and now short stories too.
I had quite a few poems published in the 70s. but none since. I would not class myself as a Modern Poet, but write when I feel inspired, not too classical, it's just my own style that I am comfortable with.
I have joined Poem Hunter ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about patricia Northall
Permission To Mourn
All you asked of me was to be able to love you,
But this I could not do when forces so strong
Can turn love to hate. Was this then my fate
To watch you die, knowing it was too late.
They had done their job well,
Those builders of hate who make life Hell.
You could not see through their good work
Because of such well produced hurt.
They took your loyal and gentle heart
And used it to form a special part,
Through years and years of dedication
Towards an unrelenting task of separation.
I had far too many bridges cross
To join with those who ...