PHIL WINTER Poems
- Break The Silence Speak out against the wrongs! Speak out ...
- Rendezvous They crowd my dreams each night Faces of strange ...
- How Long? How long must the corrupt And power hungry ...
- Cruel Dream Breaker. You shattered my mind, Dream breaker! ...
- To Be Born To be born And breathe of life Is a journey you ...
- Meditation Meditating In the still of night He transcended ...
- Neglected. They come to the world with nothing Parents ...
Contributions to local Newspapers.
Local Radio Short Story Programs.
Local Radio Poetry Programs.
Local Radio Drama.
Contributions to Literary Magazines:
Collected poems - Stockwell, U.K.
Telling the Story - South Carolina, USA.
Belles Lettres - South Carolina, USA.
The... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Break The Silence
Speak out against the wrongs!
Speak out and break the silence!
Silence is for those
Whom the hand of death has touched,
Closing off their earthly span,
Robbing them of human thought,
Taking away their winning gift of speech,
Stripping them of hopes and dreams.
Ask them no questions
They cannot respond!
Chide them not,
They cannot defend!
Dumbfounded, expressionless, lost,
They float about
With voices that cannot sing!
Voices that cannot even speak!
For them silence has become the norm!
But we who are alive
We have the ...