A Dying Man
The sorrow surrounding a dying man
and the dark shadow that watches him;
All the dreams that life presented him,
are somehow seeming only dreams within a dream.
The figures above him begin to get hazy,
and even the bed that he rests on seems like a distant star
His senses slowly fail him, and he feels bodyless-
He seemed to be disappearing; to where he and no seed of notion
He seemed to be ending - like a fire that goes into nothing.
As he slowly continues to be affected thus,
his fading senses suddenly alerts to something Beyond:
a divine burst of light fills his anewed sight till infinite
And his ears hear the sears of a preternatural sea.
Finally he is completely lifted above
His weight is seized and his form is gone,
he just knows enough to go through a tunnel that he sees-
all that he saw till now completely forgot,
and all evidence of his experiences left behind.
Rajiv Prajapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Dying Man by Rajiv Prajapati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Beautiful Mistake, Noorjehan Khan
- A house divided, Doyen Lingua
- Just Be There, Ronell Warren Alman
- A COFFEE KETTLE FOR A CUP OF COFFEE غلاي.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Listen And Learn, Lilly Emery
- On getting dressed, Mark Heathcote
- Lesson, Michelle Claus
- Realities Dream, Cathy Hodgson
- THE TREACHEROUS SEA البحر الغدار, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poem En Duo, Abekah Emmanuel