A lot of praise and admiration I got when I was full of innocence
Now, I am under crook clumsy seductive adolescence.
Keeping head straight, running life difficult a lot
Sensing the senses makes me a bewildered pot.
Unknown pricks me, the soul is heavy and restless
The world appearing suffocated ruthless.
Sentiment creeps in, around hard blowing the wind.
I do not know how to cool and keep quiet my mind.
Easy life becomes hard,
Thinking gone absurd.
Depth less burning, calm less itching titillation
Insatiable desire, and unreal imagination,
Fear-guilty-under morality-frozen blood
Reason-logic floats tumultuous overturn vessels in the flood.
Volcanic eruption crave quivering
Crazy emotions all are thrilling!
How to cope? where to turn?
Is easy life being forever gone?
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>Adolescence by Abdul Wahab )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith
- The Water, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Opened, Sade Bolaji