A Little Glass Girl
I look at that girl
Behind the glass
And i hate every little thing
I hate the swoop of her hair and the
Curve of her jaw
And i have this list in my head
That only gets longer.
I hate her for her
Eyes trailing the ground
Cuts on her wrist.
But hush, hush, don't tell,
Can't see her lonely written in red.
She's a fool and she's weak
And i keep telling these things
To the Little Glass Girl
But she already knows
All too well
How love is only
A waking dream
That she can never know.
But this was her lonesome lot.
This is the way the Little Glass Girl
Knew the world to work.
And it wasn't okay.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Little Glass Girl by Lady Hope )
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)