A need to be heard.
A man who has too little to say about himself runs the risk of parody.
A man who has too much to say about himself runs the risk of self parody.
So a man who sits in silence between these two men would seem to have things sussed.
But I have yet to meet one of these men.
thomas spence's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A need to be heard. by thomas spence )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore