A New Start.
I have wiped the slate clean,
No more reminders from the past.
Memories of what I have been,
Have vanished at long last.
I look forward to my future new,
Where all is territory strange.
Soon I will be among the few,
That plans their life at long range.
I see my life laid out at my feet,
New friends shall rally at my call.
They will be the first I will greet,
At this my welcoming ball.
Soon all memories will depart,
Of a past left well behind.
I will get off to a new start,
With the best of mankind.
Bernard Shaw's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A New Start. by Bernard Shaw )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco