A poem could rhyme,
or maybe could not,
a poem could be,
bang on the dot.
A poem could repeat,
to give good effect,
a poem could repeat,
to give good effect.
A poem could be,
about someone's nose,
or someone could improvise,
just see how it goes.
A poem could be old,
a poem could be cold,
a poem could be told,
a poem could be sold.
A poem could be happy,
a poem could be crappy,
a poem could be snappy,
a poem could be sappy.
A poem could be most things,
and this poems mine,
now go write a poem,
and have a good time!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Poem by Nicole Newton )
- Beauty Revisited, Narayana Raghavan
- Santiago, Nathalie Handal
- Limerick-36, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Nightened Color, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hello Man! Dawn Cracks Darkness (Cinquain), Harindhar Reddy
- Farewell To Spring, Narayana Raghavan
- The Moor, Nathalie Handal
- Your Songs Mean Nothing Now, Phil Soar
- In The Blue Hour, Nathalie Handal
- The Day Monsoon Appeared Upon My Eyes, Narayana Raghavan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)