''Aphotic Moments'' By David John Hart
'Aphotic Moments' by David Hart
As twilight surrenders to Nyx's ebony splendor,
A bewildered truck wrinkles a forlorn car's reticent fender.
Myriad sounds transude night's diaphanous black veil.
The wares of the dark are hawked by its' vendors' wales.
The alchemist barman's tantalizing brew,
Enkindles nepenthe promises for the few.
Stentorian banter scurrilously permeates a smoke filled room-
Compeers coincide quietly 'til melting into blathering bafoons.
A femme fatale's beseeching glances, switch anon into erotic trances
While motorcycle's buzzgrowl like machine guns coiling
Sirens portend like mad tarantella dancers roiling
Staccato whistles and yells, scorched tires screeching
Entwine with serpentine banshee winds infamously preaching
Anon, eve's riotous crescendo of cries now subsides
Welcoming the approach of Madame Aurora's ebullient eyes
DavidHart1993USA roil-to vex/disturb/displease; ebullient-zestfully enthusiastic/boiling;
David Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (''Aphotic Moments'' By David John Hart by David Hart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Leta', Quenten McClellan
- My Anguish Heart, Lilly Emery
- The Vampires Of War, Osman Gani
- To Run From Fun, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- True Love?, Jesus James Llorico
- Email Hell, Death is Less Painful, LUVinThe NOW
- Hope and fear helpless, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Truth eventually, Tom Squires
- The unknown woes of the old, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To Death, Susmit Panda