A Living Stone
''A Living Stone'' by Mr. David Hart
Down a path blithely personable
One wrought of solid character
Freely strolling was I.
Lo. One solitary stone didst
Speechlessly beckon to me
Comfortably, this gregarious stone
Silent and serene
What could this stone
Want from me?
'Hold me, touch me, squeeze me'
This pertinaceous stone
Voicelessly beckoned to me.
'Jettison me skipping over
'Cast me delighting in
A Triton sea',
'Across great ice sheets
Of Europa slide me giggling
Replete with glee'
'And fling me into a volcano
on Io, so I can see.
David Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Living Stone by David Hart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer