A Living Stone
''A Living Stone'' by Mr. David Hart
Down a path blithely personable
One wrought of solid character
Freely strolling was I.
Lo. One solitary stone didst
Speechlessly beckon to me
Comfortably, this gregarious stone
Silent and serene
What could this stone
Want from me?
'Hold me, touch me, squeeze me'
This pertinaceous stone
Voicelessly beckoned to me.
'Jettison me skipping over
'Cast me delighting in
A Triton sea',
'Across great ice sheets
Of Europa slide me giggling
Replete with glee'
'And fling me into a volcano
on Io, so I can see.
David Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Living Stone by David Hart )
- Virtual White Teeth, douglas scotney
- Transformation, Amitava Sur
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 8, ramesh rai
- Space Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rail Blaze, Thomas Plotz
- Willing To Able To Do Your Best, Ronell Warren Alman
- When Tears Will Fall, Eleonor Santiago
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)