A Living Stone
''A Living Stone'' by Mr. David Hart
Down a path blithely personable
One wrought of solid character
Freely strolling was I.
Lo. One solitary stone didst
Speechlessly beckon to me
Comfortably, this gregarious stone
Silent and serene
What could this stone
Want from me?
'Hold me, touch me, squeeze me'
This pertinaceous stone
Voicelessly beckoned to me.
'Jettison me skipping over
'Cast me delighting in
A Triton sea',
'Across great ice sheets
Of Europa slide me giggling
Replete with glee'
'And fling me into a volcano
on Io, so I can see.
David Hart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Living Stone by David Hart )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR