Appreciation of Love
I tried everything,
To show them that I love them,
To care for them that I won’t hurt them,
I’ll do anything to show my appreciation of love.
Somehow nothing gets through,
Judgment has clouded their mind like a barrier place.
They don’t care about your dreams or hope,
They don’t care about the way you pray or the faith you have in them,
They don’t care about whether you are happy or sad,
They just care about abusing our appreciation.
I understand my value and my love,
I display my essence and emotions,
I am strengthen by God’s unchanging hands,
For God is love.
Memories of lonely days are over,
You can hate me all you want,
I feel no pain.
I keep my eyes focused on God,
Never again to look to the left or to the right.
God came into my life and changed everything around,
He had helped me to understand my problem.
Then I realized that I have alot to live for,
No matter how hard my life has been,
No matter how much pain I’ve gone through,
I can always find comfort in the depths of His Love.
There are alot of angry so-called church folks,
That doesn’t know the difference between true love and hidden motivation.
Church folks who judge and stereotype,
Church folks who misunderstand purpose,
Church folks who say the forgive when they don’t,
Church folks who dislike others for what they believe in.
It is sad for a church folks,
Who talks about those that need to get right with God,
When they are really talking about themselves.
Like they're better than us,
Without realizing we are not in their hands, we are in God’s Hands,
Then on Sunday they are everybody best friend.
I wish more people would be real about themselves,
And understand the way life goes,
How you can make the best of it,
For our goal is to believe in God total character,
His appreciation of love will always live on.
John Petway's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Appreciation of Love by John Petway )
- Can I?, Patty van Delft
- A Raven's Musings, Patty van Delft
- Broken images of our life صور حياتنا الم.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Whisperings, Patty van Delft
- That Second Hand Music, Richard Provencher
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- 05 love is like you hold your breath and.., Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)