Theodora (Theo) Onken
(((This Thing Of Ours)))
In the twilight of this quiescent moment-
I peruse this thing of ours-
Querying this palpable abtruse connection-
Am i deluded or wrongly perceived by the stars?
Has the universe literally taken me for a ride?
Perhaps upon an illicit comet 'round the sun?
Causing abhorrent disregard for my well being-
Vaporizing in a luminous tail, out west when day is done...?
Convoluted conundrums are borne in the daylight-
All the while under the eye in the sapphire sky-
Sincerity 'tis now a necessity from you-
Flowing tears arrive as raindropps from my green eyes...
Were we really dancing with desire spirited whiteknight?
Back in the the then and there?
Hidden in the shadows of my long lonley night-
As an illusion, like a rainbow, in thin air?
Did we simply love and then vaporize?
'Twas it all an illusion borne of lust?
Or did your motivation run deeper than need?
What happened to our desire and our trust?
The Universe holds the answers of this i am sure-
Hidden behind all the diamond misted stars-
A simple answer replete to over-flow-
Women are from Venus, men are from Mars-
Love and War do not mix at all!
Much as water and oil-
We n'er stood a chance no matter the inclination-
Alas this thing of ours 'twas already foiled
Copywrite Theodora Onken
Theodora (Theo) Onken's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((((This Thing Of Ours))) by Theodora (Theo) Onken )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Success is Counted Sweetest, Emily Dickinson
- Refugee Blues, WH Auden
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Rarefied, Edward Kofi Louis
- Regarding Way, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Spice Up My Little Life, Margaret Alice Second
- Pain, gajanan mishra
- Shippi, Edward Kofi Louis
- Occurrence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mattter Out of Control, Panmelys
- [~s05e17~]Watch Pretty Little Liars Seas.., Renz Barns
- 100- - 1- - .00001, douglas scotney
- Venereal, Edward Kofi Louis