Beauty is a heavenic boon,
Stretch in tin line between vice and virtue;
Beauty unlasting and will end soon,
Fade in time and lost its final hue.
A triumph of happiness shall we have,
If beauty conquered by love;
A sincerity to uphold and save,
Two souls ordained in love.
A default of happiness shall we have,
If passion vanquished the beauty;
A Bestial ruled and deprave,
To besmirch the throne of heaven.
Instalasi Sastra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beauty by Instalasi Sastra )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blue Octavo Haiku, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Algonquin Afterthoughts, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- After Eden, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Because We Closed Our Eyes, A.j. Binash
- three, laxami Cards
- For Colin McCahon [NZ Painter: 1919 -1987], Keith Johnson
- Why I never visited NZ from OZ in 1970, Keith Johnson
- Dark Lady, Keith Johnson
- Naboth's vineyard, Gert Strydom
- Those Girls, Keith Johnson