anon y. mous
I dream of beauty, an image of such wonderful beauty.
No garden of roses could match the beauty I see.
No sculpture, no painting could capture such beauty.
Only the angels in heaven above could have greater.
But the beauty I dream of is not a dream. You are the beauty I see.
An earthy angel do I see, made from heaven above,
Wishing she was just for me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Brooke by anon y. mous )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- the poet
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Television, Roald Dahl
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare