People change daily,
They come and they go.
Promises get broken,
But only if you make it so.
You choose your fate by the actions you make.
So darling fight for what you believe in,
Darling fight for me.
You held your breath as you let go,
But I'm asking you to hold tight,
and breathe once more with I.
Staring in the distance as the days change.
Fate may be cold and she sure loves to salt your wounds,
But darling you're the choose to your pain, joy, and to your love.
You choose how you live,
So choose what's best for you.
Casandra Vice's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Changing. by Casandra Vice )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cucumber, Phil Soar
- wings unused, cheynne dries
- Chocolate Finger, Phil Soar
- I write and you Read, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Cannot, Phil Soar
- Somewhere In Your Heart, Valentine Mbagu
- Girls, the choice is yours.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mother, Bakare Oluwagbenga Michael
- Nature's Nightlife, Phil Soar
- Heaven and Earth A Sonnet, Daniel Brick