The World We Live In
Why don’t we all take a hard look at the world we live in.
Why is it that we have all the hate not love,
Why is there all ways room for war, not peace?
Why is it that no one ever thinks about the consequences of their actions?
Is this what it has come to?
Why don’t we all take time to think about each other?
We are surrounded by so much beauty but no one takes the time to appreciate it.
We are all so busy with our lives, too busy to even notice
as life passes by,
Days become weeks, weeks become months and months become years.
yet there is no difference in the world.
Why is our world filled with corruption, destruction, poverty and many other endless things.
It makes me wonder, have we all given up?
Haven’t we learnt a lesson yet?
The world that we live in, is it too late to change it?
Or are we so far gone, that change has just become a mirage.
let us all have some hope and pray for peace
and may god bless our soul,
Because the world we live in isn’t going to last much longer.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The World We Live In by zainab zaheen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 October 1938)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea
- Children, hafiz qasim
- Northland Autumn, Luo Zhihai
- Jayprakash's Black-mouthed Hanumans, Bijay Kant Dubey
- bamwar4.com, joelcruz cruz
- Smolt-flour, Stratis Havarti
- No quarrel, please, gajanan mishra
- Taking A Break From Your Busy Schedule, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yesterday and today, Nassy Fesharaki