GAYLE ANNE GOFF
CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST UPON US
For Christmas is almost upon us.
So many presents to buy
for all who are so dear.
My luck what I buy them
they'll surely hate thats my fear.
My house looks like a Christmas
paper factory thats just
Ribbons, bows gift bags
up the ass.
I keep saying each year gift
certificates its going
But then the grandkids make
out their list.
They told me presents presents
we want presents.
HO HO nannies going to put her
head right through the wall.
Certificates would be so much
easier and could be bought in
bulk, and at the mall.
I do this each year, when Christmas
gets so near.
I do the dinner, the decorations, tree
trimming, present wrapping
OH and the cookie baking
Do nannies ever get a break?
Theres so many birthdays in
December they want also cake.
God please help.
I'm putting this in stone this year.for
2 no cake
3 someone else cooks,
bakes, and trim the tree.
Everyone knows I'm all talk
I; ll be here same time,
same station, same routine.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
GAYLE ANNE GOFF's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST UPON US by GAYLE ANNE GOFF )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Autumn Leaf, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Lonely Flower, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Oh Soldiers, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- My Freedom Song, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- two way life, Somanathan Iyer
- Playing Your Words, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam
- Shooting and Terrorism, ROGEL FRANCIS SORIOSO
- Wish and desire, Somanathan Iyer
- Is this what We asked for?, Somanathan Iyer
- The world is in peace, gajanan mishra