GAYLE ANNE GOFF
CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST UPON US
For Christmas is almost upon us.
So many presents to buy
for all who are so dear.
My luck what I buy them
they'll surely hate thats my fear.
My house looks like a Christmas
paper factory thats just
Ribbons, bows gift bags
up the ass.
I keep saying each year gift
certificates its going
But then the grandkids make
out their list.
They told me presents presents
we want presents.
HO HO nannies going to put her
head right through the wall.
Certificates would be so much
easier and could be bought in
bulk, and at the mall.
I do this each year, when Christmas
gets so near.
I do the dinner, the decorations, tree
trimming, present wrapping
OH and the cookie baking
Do nannies ever get a break?
Theres so many birthdays in
December they want also cake.
God please help.
I'm putting this in stone this year.for
2 no cake
3 someone else cooks,
bakes, and trim the tree.
Everyone knows I'm all talk
I; ll be here same time,
same station, same routine.
HAPPY NEW YEAR
GAYLE ANNE GOFF's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST UPON US by GAYLE ANNE GOFF )
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- Let all people, hasmukh amathalal
- To be successful…, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)