Gerard Manley Hopkins
Moonless darkness stands between
Moonless darkness stands between.
Past, the Past, no more be seen!
But the Bethlehem-star may lead me
To the sight of Him Who freed me
From the self that I have been.
Make me pure, Lord: Thou art holy;
Make me meek, Lord: Thou wert lowly;
Now beginning, and alway:
Now begin, on Christmas day.
Gerard Manley Hopkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moonless darkness stands between by Gerard Manley Hopkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan