GAYLE ANNE GOFF
It may be Christmas time,
But theres something different
about this year.
A lot of people still do not have
that HO HO feeling with Christmas
Some people may have or already have
lost their jobs.
This worry they carry to bed with them
That this Christmas will not be so
Some may even lose their homes.
Some may have to swallow their
pride, and get on government aide
How can a parent explain
to their small child.?
That its more important to have a home,
Than that play station under the tree
Or left out on the street maybe alone.
But maybe we can try and put the
Christmas Spirit back into
Christmas, and thats free.
What happened to the days
family's got together ate
and were happy just to
Christmas has became to
One or two presents aren't
enough for kids today
NO IT HAS TO BE
FOUR TO FIVE
Its $ 100.00 named brand tennis shoes
$400.00 play stations
An outfit if its not name brand
I know I have grand kids
This year they'll realize why
theres not going to be a lot.
I told them were gonna bake cookies
And decorate nannies tree.
together and that memory will
last a life time.
It'll be there long after the
tennis shoes have bit the dust
Memories of a childes Christmas
is a must.
This year were making Christmas
And we'll have the Christmas Spirit
And its all FREE.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
GAYLE ANNE GOFF's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CHRISTMAS SPIRIT by GAYLE ANNE GOFF )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman