My alcoholic metaphor, my internet cocaine,
Almost destroyed my marriage, my life.
Occupying my every thought, shutting out those I loved most-
My family; my boys, my Wife.
Day in... Day out-
Late into the evening, quite often… past midnight.
Up in the early hours of predawn… only the dog barks,
Coveting my solitude, to be alone with my ego, my muse hiding-
Dancing in the dark.
My mind transfixed onto multi-screens,
Three Thousand strong you are,
Your lives portrayed out for all to see-
Seduction of the innocent… an Incubus-
I woo you with my words,
My forked tongue, dancing from my lips-
And you can't help yourself, but to fall in love,
For I am a master at what I do
Heartbreaker… Life taker-
Your tears hit your pillow nightly,
Bitterness and confusion consume your day,
My words are forever burned into your heart,
You're left with nothing, as I refuse to come and play.
Puppet Master… Poet-
I simply vanished from your life's heartbeat,
All hope is forever gone, trampled under feet,
Do you ever think to think…
I was never real… Never?
With a wink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Clearly...an Addiction' by Kelly Seale )
- Time shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)